It is vital to adhere to a strict code of ethics when maintaining a blog. A code of ethics does not need to be complicated. Instead, it needs to be a simple list of rules and standards that one must follow in order to maintain their integrity on the Internet.
Code of Ethics:
1) I will tell the truth.
2) I will write accurately and clearly.
3) I will correct mistakes when necessary.
4) I will not delete any comments unless are spam related or inappropriate.
5) I will stay on topic and provide relevant material.
6) If and when I disagree with an opinion I will be respectful in my argument.
7) I will link to and cite my sources directly.
8) Issues and topics that are private will remain private.
9) I will not delete a post.
10) I will preserve my original post using notations to show where corrections are made.